The past week was a nice return from Thanksgiving Break with the start of Winter Sports and the Drama Club production of James and the Giant Peach. There was much excitement during the week.
A loud BRAVO! to all students, faculty members, parents / guardians and community members who participated, performed, supported and / or contributed to this weekend’s production. What a wonderful show. Very impressive, a fun and lively production with colorful and creative set designs and costumes that certainly transported the audience into the imagery of this classic story.
Student performances continue with the annual Winter Concert on Wednesday, December 15, at 7:00pm in the SHS Auditorium.
With the Holiday Season amongst us and a busy extracurricular schedule it is easy to get overwhelmed with balancing expectations or lose sight of priorities . Students should continuously check with teachers for any academic concerns and to effectively use FLEX block to schedule any needed academic support. School Counselors are always available to provide assistance and support as needed.
Have a great week.
We kindly ask that you utilize the following links as first resources to find the information you are seeking prior to contacting the Main Office.
SHS Web Page:
Save the date
Friday, 12/10: Grade 9 and 10 Semi-Formal; SHS Cafeteria, 6:00 - 10:00pm
Wednesday, 12/15: Winter Concert; SHS Auditorium, 7:00pm
Thursday, 12/23: Half Day Dismissal; 12:15PM
Friday, 12/24 - Friday, 1/31: School closed / Holiday Break
SemiFormal Dance / December 1o
Friday, 12/10: SHS Cafeteria; 6:30pm - 9:30pm.
· Stoneham High School grade 9 and 10 student only
· All school rules apply
· No food or outside beverage is permitted
· No bags of any type will be allowed into the dance area.
o Students bringing a bag will need to leave the bag in a separate secure location and pick it up when leaving the dance.
· Students not allowed to leave dance until 9:15PM
o Students leaving earlier than 9:15 require parent / guardian present in person for dismissal
· Parents / Guardian please plan accordingly for a prompt student pick up at 9:30pm
Internships at SHS
Over the last year we have added an Internship Program at Stoneham High School as a learning opportunity for our Seniors. Internships can be a valuable and powerful learning experience that can assist in post secondary planning whether college or career.
Here is a great example of a student internship at Stoneham Cable TV and the learning experience provided.
· Jackish Episode 1 with The Pointer Brothers
o Youtube https://youtu.be/TdFmwCP2BY8
Students interested in an Internship experience should speak with their School Counselor
Counselor’s Corner: Scholarships Available
All seniors who are seeking a college degree or job training are eligible to compete in the Massachusetts AFL-CIO Scholarship Awards Program, with awards totaling over half a million dollars. To qualify, students must register for an examination consisting of multiple choice questions and an essay related to labor history. A study guide is available online. There is a firm deadline of December 17, 2021 to register for the exam, which will be administered between Jan. 31 and Feb. 4, 2022. Further details will be sent out following the registration deadline. All registration is online at: www.massaflcio.org/scholarships
· MEFA ( Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority) is offering a variety of upcoming webinars related to college planning and financing. More information and registration here:
SAT / PSAT Information
· SAT test dates at SHS
o March 12, 2022
§ Registration deadline February 11, 2022
o June 4, 2022
§ Registration deadline: May 5, 2022
Spartan Enrichment Organization (SEO) / December Newsletter
SHS Athletic Booster Club Fundraiser
Only two weeks left in our Stoneham Booster Club Fundraiser.
Please help us reach our goal.
You can help by visiting our online fundraising store and sharing:
· Visit Store:
o Please click the “Go to Fundraiser” button below to visit my fundraising page.
o Selling gourmet popcorn via the online store and I would truly appreciate the support
o You can help share this fundraiser via email, text and social media by clicking the “help by sharing” icons found on the fundraiser homepage after clicking “Go To Fundraiser” below.
Go to Fundraiser: https://wefund4u.com/fundraiser/stonehambc21/c/367874
Thank you so much for your support!
New High School Building Project
Starting Monday, 12/ 6 to Monday, 12/13 a Thermal Conductivity Test will be initiated. The testing area is in the Student Parking Lot vicinity and will be clearly marked and cordoned off.
COVID Vaccination Clinic @ SHS 12/9/2021
As recently shared by the Superintendent, Stoneham Public Schools will be holding a COVID Vaccination Clinic at Stoneham High School on Thursday, December 9.
To help facilitate this clinic, Stoneham High School will have a 2:30 pm early dismissal.
If you have any questions regarding the clinic and vaccinations please connect with Sandra Malzone, Lead Nurse, Stoneham Public Schools at email@example.com
Quarter One Honor Rolls
· High Honors; A minimum of five “A‟s” and no grade lower than a “B” in all subjects.
· Honors; A minimum of all “B’s” in all subjects.
Massachusetts HOBY Leadership Seminar Selection
· Congratulations to sophomore Nicole D’Souza, who has been selected to represent Stoneham High School at the Massachusetts HOBY Leadership Seminar, to be held on the campus of Bentley University in June, 2022. Participants will take part in hands-on activities and hear powerful presentations from innovative and passionate speakers while learning how to lead others and make a positive impact in their community.
MassSTAR Citizenship Conference Selection
· Congratulations to sophomore Ariana Montenegro, who has been selected to represent Stoneham High School at the MassSTAR Citizenship Conference, to be held in May, 2022. The workshops, speakers, and activities planned for this conference aim to demonstrate to students
Students: Winter Work Opportunities
SNOW SHOVELERS NEEDED
· Stoneham DPW
o 16 Pine Street
· $15 per hour
o Apply in person
o Must be 16 years of age or older
Parent / Guardian Support
Stoneham Coalition for A Safe and Healthy Coalition: Join us for this year's Parent University, a fun, half day event for parents with students of any age that provides knowledge and advice from community experts through a series of free workshops focusing on student's educational experience and well-being
More information on the Parent University can be found here: