April 3, 2022
I hope you have enjoyed the first full weekend of April. Tomorrow we begin the first day of the 4th quarter. In two weeks, we will break for April vacation and essentially return for the last week of April. My point is that as we begin our 4th quarter we enter a time of year that will be busy with end of year activities that when coupled with remaining vacations and a holiday weekend in May, will go extremely fast and be packed with much to do and easy distractions.
Students are encouraged to establish consistent routines and communication with their teachers and FLEX block opportunities to best support their academics and success in their courses. We want all students to have a positive and successful 4th quarter with their academics as well as participation in the many end of year activities.
Have a great week.
We kindly ask that you utilize the following links as first resources to find the information you are seeking prior to contacting the Main Office.
SHS Web Page:
Save the Date
Monday, 4/4; First day of Quarter 4
Friday, 4/8; Junior Prom
Wednesday, 4/13; College Panel for Juniors and their Parents/Guardians 6:30pm (See below)
Friday, 4/15; Early Release 12:15 / Good Friday
Monday, 4/18 - Friday, 4/22; School Closed / April Vacation
Saturday, 4/30; Carnival Ball, SHS Auditorium, 6:30pm
Junior Class Meeting April 5
Attention all Juniors and any Junior Prom guests. There will be a mandatory meeting for any student attending the Junior Prom on Friday, April 8. The meeting will occur on Tuesday, April 5, during the last 15 - 20 minutes of FLEX. Please remain in your scheduled FLEX until the announcement is made to call students to the Auditorium.
If Sick / Please Stay Home
The lifting of COVID safety guidelines has certainly been a welcome. However, it is still important to be aware that COVID is still amongst us as are other illnesses that can cause people to get sick and miss school / work. Please remember to remain home if you are not feeling well. Yes, we want you in school and yes, we have an attendance policy ,but we also want people to use their best judgment to stay home when they are not feeling well and may have an illness which could spread to others. If students have concerns with staying home and our attendance policy please contact a school administrator, we will work with you and our policy to ensure a safe school.
1) Stoneham High School Athletic Department and Booster’s Club is excited to host
Dr. Matthew Flynn of Peak Mental Performance Coaching LLC, who will be
leading an interactive talk titled: The Sports Psychologist - Role and
Interventions. This talk will focus on will introduce our athletes and parents to
challenges faced by athletes and different strategies they can use to manage these
challenges. All ages are welcome.
● When: Thursday April 14, 2022 at 6:00 PM
● Where: Stoneham High School
2) Week in Sports, First week of competition; 4/1 - 4/9 HERE
3) Season Schedules all Spring Sport Teams HERE
4) Unified Basketball
● First practice will be Tuesday April 5th
○ All practices will be from 3pm-4pm
○ All games this year are scheduled to start at 4:15pm.
○ Game dates / schedule will be updated once opponent confirmation is received
Parent Tools / Facebook
Facebook / Instagram: Social media tools for Parents / Guardians / Families
4/13/2022: College Panel for Juniors and their Parents/Guardians
The Guidance Department is hosting a College Panel on Wednesday, April 13 at 6:30 p.m. at the high school.
● An admissions representative from UMass Lowell will provide an overview of the college admissions process from their perspective, and a panel of current SHS seniors will share their college search and application tips!
● All juniors and junior parents/guardians are welcome!
Pre-College Summer Programs
Many colleges and universities offer pre-college summer experiences for students who are interested in career exploration and academic enrichment. Please see the Guidance page of the high school website for more information:
● MEFA ( Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority) is offering a variety of upcoming webinars related to college planning and financing. More information and registration here:
SAT / PSAT Information
● SAT test dates at SHS
○ June 4, 2022
■ Registration deadline: May 5, 2022
SHS has partnered with K&G for all your prom needs!
● Check out the links below to receive a discount off your entire purchase!
SEO / Spartan Enrichment Organization