April 10, 2022
Hope it has been an enjoyable weekend. As you will read much going on and coming up at Stoneham High School. Busy time of year that will only get more so after April vacation.
It has been a nice weekend and it will only get better in the coming weeks. Many events, seasonal weather and easy to get distracted. Keep focused and balance academic needs and expectations so as to have a successful and positive 4th quarter and completion of the school year.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to routinely check their student’s PS portal to gauge academic progress and should contact any teacher for any questions or concerns. Students are encouraged to continue to consistently utilize FLEX block opportunities to support their learning and course work.
Have a great week!
We kindly ask that you utilize the following links as first resources to find the information you are seeking prior to contacting the Main Office.
SHS Web Page:
Save the Date
Monday, 4/11 - Friday, 4/15: SHS Green Week
Wednesday, 4/13; College Panel for Juniors and their Parents/Guardians 6:30pm (See below)
Friday, 4/15; Early Release 12:15 / Good Friday
Monday, 4/18 - Friday, 4/22; School Closed / April Vacation
Thursday, 4/28; Stoneham Schools Art festival, 5:0 - 7:00pm
Saturday, 4/30; Carnival Ball, SHS Auditorium, 6:30PM
Hello SHS students and staff! This week, the Green Club will be hosting a Green Week to celebrate Earth Day.
● On Meatless Monday, we challenge you to prepare a vegan/vegetarian meal. If you choose to participate, please send a picture and description of your meal to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win a prize.
● On Toss The Paper Tuesday, during lunch we will be hosting a game in which you must toss a ball of paper into a recycling bin for a chance to win a prize!
● On Walk or Bike to School Wednesday, any student who chooses to walk or bike to school will be awarded a free muffin, courtesy of the SHS Cafeteria staff.
● On Paint a Plant Thursday, students may sign into the green club flex and purchase a plant for $5 (grown by the green club), and you may paint your pot! Painting materials will be provided.
● On Go Green Friday, teachers will be encouraged to take steps to save energy, paper, etc. during class.
Thank you for participating! If you are interested in joining the green club, sign up for our flex every other day 2 in Ms. Adamsky’s room!
Meeting for all Junior & Seniors interested in participating in 2022 Powder Puff game
FLEX Block Monday April 11
Mandatory meeting for any Junior or Senior student participating in this year's Powder Puff game. Information for Tshirts, practice and game will be provided. Please report to your FLEX classroom followed by an announcement for the meeting.
SHS Interact Club/ Pop Tart Pledge; Boston Homeless Project
The SHS Interact Club is asking community members to take the Pop-Tart Pledge
● Donate boxes of Pop-Tarts that will benefit the Boston Homeless Project.
○ Last year they collected over 600 boxes.
● Boxes can be sent to the high school through Amazon or dropped off in the PopTart box in the HS Main Lobby
SHS Spring Arts Festival / April 28; 5:00 - 7:00pm
A celebration of Arts in Stoneham Public Schools..
SEO Senior Class Fundraiser
The Spartan Enrichment Organization (SEO) is running a fundraiser for the Senior Class. They have put together four amazing gift baskets of $350+ value. Great way to support our Seniors and their end of year activities while having a chance to win some really cool prizes…
Senior Graduation Celebration
The Stoneham All-Night Graduation Party is a tradition that happens on the night of graduation. This wonderful tradition started more than twenty years ago. This year graduation is on Friday June 3rd, 2022.
The party includes a DJ, Hypnotist, Artists, Activities, Photo Booth, Refreshments, and much more! Tickets are $35.00 and Scholarship tickets are available. Each student will get a gift bag including an All Night Party T-Shirt, monogram towel, and Stoneham mementos.
Doors open at 10:00 p.m., with no admittance after 11:00p.m. Students will be released on Saturday June 4th 2022 at 4:30 a.m. Students will only be allowed to leave before 5:00 a.m. if a chaperone speaks to a parent or guardian.
We are looking for parents to help with decorations, chaperones and selling signs.
Lawn signs are $10 each. Checks made out to Celebrating the Future
Please call or email Lisa Gallagher (email@example.com 781-632-2050 or Susan Crowley firstname.lastname@example.org 781-777-8948) if you would like to volunteer.
1) Stoneham High School Athletic Department and Booster’s Club is excited to host
Dr. Matthew Flynn of Peak Mental Performance Coaching LLC, who will be
leading an interactive talk titled: The Sports Psychologist - Role and
Interventions. This talk will focus on will introduce our athletes and parents to
challenges faced by athletes and different strategies they can use to manage these
challenges. All ages are welcome.
● When: Thursday April 14, 2022 at 6:00 PM
● Where: Stoneham High School
2) Season Schedules all Spring Sport Teams HERE
3) Unified Basketball
4/13/2022: College Panel for Juniors and their Parents/Guardians
The Guidance Department is hosting a College Panel on Wednesday, April 13 at 6:30 p.m. at the high school.
● An admissions representative from UMass Lowell will provide an overview of the college admissions process from their perspective, and a panel of current SHS seniors will share their college search and application tips!
● All juniors and junior parents/guardians are welcome!
Pre-College Summer Programs
Many colleges and universities offer pre-college summer experiences for students who are interested in career exploration and academic enrichment. Please see the Guidance page of the high school website for more information:
● MEFA ( Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority) is offering a variety of upcoming webinars related to college planning and financing. More information and registration here:
SAT / PSAT Information
● SAT test dates at SHS
○ June 4, 2022
■ Registration deadline: May 5, 2022
SEPAC / Meet the Police & Autism Wanderers' Safety Event
Local families are invited to meet the Stoneham Police and learn more about the Wanderers' program to ensure the safety of at-risk family members.
Join us for an evening meet & greet event hosted in partnership with the Stoneham SEPAC, Stoneham Police and The Boys & Girls Clubs of Stoneham
When: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 @ 7 pm
Where: Boys & Girls Clubs of Stoneham
● 15 Dale Court, Stoneham
Stoneham Earth Day Clean Up / April 23, 2022
SEO / Spartan Enrichment Organization